Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sea Side Bark

This is an original by *me*.

I'm going to be honest, I didn't measure a thing.

I took a bag of white chips (out of convenience- next time I will pay the extra money for a few bars of good quality white chocolate.) and tempered the bulk of them (3/4) in the microwave. 15 seconds- stop-stir-repeat until not quite all the way melted. You should still be able to see remnants of chips but when you stir chips should easily melt and chocolate should be glossy. Add the remaining 1/4 of white chocolate, the coolness of the left over chocolate is the tempering trick. I learned this from watching Ina Garten. Loves me some Ina! Pour melted chocolate on to lightly greased parchment paper that is resting on flat pan. Give bowl with left over melted good stuff to the 8 year old that is standing directly over you. :) Sprinkle with crushed pretzels, finely diced black licorice, cinnamon and sea salt to personal taste. Gently smooth over with wooden spoon so that the cinnamon and salt evenly mix into the white chocolate.

This might not be for everyone but  I love it! Sweet, salty, crunchy with a burst of deep black licorice. Interesting mix that pairs wonderfully with a nice port.

*Next time I promise I will measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...